Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas from Mrs. Peacock

I went to Florida recently to visit family and did a little sightseeing. One of the places we visited was the Edison & Ford Winter Estates (http://www.efwefla.org/). While it was quite interesting, it did present me several WTFotos. Here is the first.

These “trees” were displayed on a piano. In case you cannot tell what they are, allow me to help: they are Christmas trees made out peacock feathers. How do ideas like this happen?!? Did the curator need some additional decorations for the upcoming holiday and happen to find a box full of feathers? Is the peacock a symbol of the Yule that I have hitherto been unaware? Are they simply trying to creep out the visitors? If the last is the case, I say “Mission accomplished!”

No comments: