Monday, January 12, 2009

Chess is Apparently a Sport

Sooooo… I found an old CD the other day and whilst browsing through it, I found these pictures that I took in 2003. Apparently I have been documenting the absurd for longer than I realized. These represent a battle of wits between man and computer (if you want the full details, visit http://www.thechessdrum.net/tournaments/Kasparov-X3DFritz/index.html). While this isn't particularly unusual, what is unusual is the fact that it was being broadcast on ESPN2 and was given the same treatment as any other sport.

It started with a standard banner declaring the event.
Riveting action that is not to be missed!
Fashion trends being established!
They had chess experts providing ongoing analysis.
They even broke out the telestrator to use on the 3D chessboard. Seriously, they did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a test. Also, why no html link instead of the url?