Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Or Just Steal It

I love me some misused quotation marks (click to enbiggen). This sign shows a classic mistake: trying to use quotes for emphasis. Unless that sign is quoting another sign or trying to be ironic, those quotes are unnecessary. When read as written, it implies that if you manage to steal one shirt, they will reward you with a second one free. That's a hell of a deal, in my opinion. By the way, the face of the person making air quotes has been redacted to protect his/her identity, but most of you know who that is.

For more quotation mark travesties, visit The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Someone should tell that girl that she hemmed her pants way too short, but I do liker her comfy shoes.

Anonymous said...

I think that girl is smokin' hot.

Note that I didn't use any quotation marks. :P :P

Anonymous *or* Liralen