Friday, November 20, 2009

Different Tax Brackets

I went out to lunch the other day with a friend, and lo the menu had a bounty of choices, we ended up ordering the same thing. When the bills came, we were presented with this (click to enbiggen): my tax was one penny more than his. Now I don't know if they called the IRS to determine my annual wages (I not have an accountant or they would have called them first) or just assumed my affluence from my garish attire (those who know me personally just chuckled), but they definitely assumed that I needed to pay slightly more in taxes than my companion. Just another example of the Man sticking it to me (and not in that way, Dr. Mac).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Passive aggressive billing.
:) Liralen

Biscuit said...

I don't think I'm dating the waitress...