Thursday, August 11, 2011

Expenses Of Scale

This is another picture I took at my place of employment.  Click the image to enbiggen.  Let's do the math here; a small (8 ounce) cup is 10¢, making it cost 1.25¢ an ounce while a large (16 ounce) cup is 25¢, making it 1.5625¢ per ounce. I'm not sure why there is a premium on the greater quantity of coffee.  An eternally optimistic person might hypothesize that it is to encourage employees to make more trips for the health benefit of the additional walking.  The realist in me knows better.  And to top it off, no one I pointed it out to even realized that anything was odd about it.

2 comments:

bat said...

The bigger question here is why the f#%k does your employer charge for coffee?! Do they charge to use the bathroom? Do they charge double to use a stall??

Tom said...

@Bat,
You of all people are asking?