Friday, January 8, 2010

A Clear Conveyance of Information

Here is another one from field reporter Dr. "The Original Chip" Mac, esq. (this was given to me a couple of weeks ago, so don't think he's touched in the head because he's checking his fantasy football team during playoffs).

So I'm checking NFL.com to see how I might expect my fantasy football opponent's player to do tonight, and I click on a page that has a comparison between the two teams. I scroll down to "The Matchup", and just stare at the chart until my eyes hurt. I keep going back to the page, and for the life of me, I can't tell the difference between the two colors representing each team. On the bars, I can barely tell a shade's difference, but on the squares that indicate which color represents which team, they look exactly the same to me. It seems if you want to convey information, you should not pick two colors within 1 degree of each other on the proverbial color wheel. That is just my thought about it.

No comments: