Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dig In (But Not Too Deeply)

Field correspondent ExplodyBones (don't ask me) sent me this submission.  Click the picture to enbiggen.

 
So, I take a look at this picture and I'm not sure why it qualifies as a What The Foto.  That crazy opossum standing on his head while reading to a group of some sort of rodents?  No.  The huge expanse of asphalt as the playground?  No.  Then I'm told to focus on the background on the right side of the scene.  Let's zoom in on that, shall we:
 

Nothing screams "childhood fun" like playing 10 feet from a cemetery.  And it looks like anyone playing soccer would be constantly retrieving the ball from between headstones.  And that's what makes it a WTFoto.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the school encouraging small children to dig graves to pilfer decent literature?

Wiggles said...

That also looks like an incredibly safe fence between the playground and cemetery.

Tom said...

@Anonymous,
That is the implication I get from it. So the lesson here is: please make sure you're buried with a full set of the classics.

@Wiggles,
I think that fence is actually intended to impale anyone attempting to climb it. More of a deterrent that way...