Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Precision Does Not Necessarily Equate To Safety

Field correspondent Outlaw is back with another good one.  Click the picture to enbiggen.


Traffic can be a pain near where I work, especially around 5:00 pm. I decided to cut through an apartment complex to cut the time. Yes, I know, you're technically not supposed to be doing that, but I'm a rebel, born to be wild, and you just can't cage me. Don't even try. However, I do try my best to be an observant driver. Check my blind spots, use my turn signal, obey the speed limit... but I simply refuse to bow to this. It's a bit absurd, don't you think? I mean, my speedometer doesn't even have individual markers to make sure that I'm actually going 9 mph. Why 9? Why not be like everyone else and make it 10? I even tried that through this particular parking lot. 10 mph is pretty flippin' slow. It's clear to me that the person managing this apartment complex is just being a dick. Who the hell goes 9 mph? Not this guy. I flew through there going 15... Take that, management...


1 comment:

Jon said...

This is somewhat common. The saint louis children's hospital parking garage has fun with it and has signs that say things like 6 2/3 and 3.1415
The idea is that they want you to go really really slow. I actually got pulled over in a state park once for exceeding their 15mph speed limit which I thought was crazy as it's extremely hard to stay under that without coasting.