Thursday, July 23, 2009

Auto Powertrain Explained

Dr. "The Original Chip" Mac, Esq. has provided yet another picture. He writes: "I was killing some time, looking at an NSX and I noticed the spare tire in the engine compartment. It became less funny when I realized it is a mid-engine car - but it made me chuckle."

Now he isn't the most mechanically inclined individual that I know, so I want to take this opportunity to explain how this vehicle works: that is where the hamster runs in order to power the car. It is made from rubber so that the hamster can get better traction and, therefore, more power. I believe the wheel is connected directly to the driveshaft. And since this is a sports car, there are probably two hamsters that were factory installed. I hope this clears up your confusion.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'll say it again...I learn so very many things from you.