Monday, July 13, 2009

The Epitome of a Dessert Wine

I've had dessert wines before, but this is just ridiculous. It's a bit hard to read so I will transcribe it for you (or click to enbiggen):

Grape Wine with Raspberry Juice Concentrate
If you are a chocoholic you are sure to love Jazz Berry! A fruity sweet wine with intense bouquet and taste of fresh raspberries. Served chilled with desserts made with dark chocolate, crème brulee, custards and even over ice cream. Jazz Berry with chocolate, what could be better? Hmm…

A dessert wine is supposed to be sweet (believe me this wine is sweet) and served with dessert, but I present this question: who has ever poured wine over their bowl of ice cream? Wine and dairy, together at last! I also like how the copy seems to become less sure as it goes on. The first sentence is so exciting that it ends with an exclamation point. By the end it almost sounds embarrassed: "what could be better? Hmm..." I could come up with a long list to answer that question.

1 comment:

momosan said...

That sounds disgusting. Well, it would probably be pretty good with some seltzer over ice, but not as a wine. Yikes.